Sales AssociateYou must care about helping to improve lives of pets and their owners. You must be outgoing, friendly, and genuinely helpful.
You must care about helping to improve lives of pets and their owners. You must be outgoing, friendly, and genuinely helpful. No specific experience or education is required but we are only interested in hiring caring people who are willing and able to proactively engage our customers and to provide a wonderful shopping experience for them. We are a sales organization and you must enjoy informing people about our products and helping them to make the best selection for their needs. You must be willing and able to consistently follow Company policies and procedures, reliably carry out assigned duties, and behave in a positive, upbeat, helpful manner. Good self-awareness and self-control, a strong achievement drive, empathy, and good social skills are keys to success in our company.
There is a one-week training course held at the Corporate HQ that must be completed by the third month of employment. (An exception may be made for students or other part-time employees with schedule conflicts but we will require you to attend as time allows.) In addition, we regularly hold advanced pet and pet product-training courses that you are required to attend, as well as occasional in-store training sessions. You will also receive on-the-job instruction from your managers.
Sales Associates receive $8.25- $9.25 per hour. In addition, there are monthly team sales incentives which may pay up to another $1.20 per hour.
Benefits (full-time only)
We provide medical and dental insurance, with a modest co-payment, after twelve months of service. Two weeks of vacation, one week of sick leave, and four holidays per year are accrued on a pro-rata basis per hour worked (based on a 40-hour workweek). We also offer Profit Sharing and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan that you are eligible for after one year of full-time service (minimum age of 21.) All employees receive a generous employee discount and this is extended to your immediate family as well (parents, siblings, children, and/or spouses only.)
Sales Associates may be hired on a full- or part-time basis with hours varying accordingly. Overtime is required as needed. The position is non-exempt. Our busiest times are evenings and weekends and hire accordingly. Even if we initially schedule someone for day shifts, we reserve the right to change schedules according to the needs of the business. We are open every day except New Year’s, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Every other day is considered a regular workday. No time off permitted during the two weeks preceding Christmas.
You must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis in order to stock the store and to do carryouts for customers.
- Creating an atmosphere of service and trust.
- Providing customer service and satisfaction that exceeds our clients' expectations.
- Engaging customers, determining their needs, and informing them of products that meet those needs.
- Continually educating yourself about pets, pet products, and services through classes, reading, on-the-job training, completion of Product Training Sheets, and other means as available.
- Keeping informed about sales promotions, contests, and goals.
- Operating a computer cash register and accurately and efficiently completing transactions. Accurately reconciling daily sales and monies.
- Answering phones and providing accurate information in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Cleaning the facility and equipment.
- Stocking and organizing merchandise.
- Carrying out other duties assigned by supervisors in a cheerful and efficient manner